Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wonderful Work Day

Some interesting developments up here in southern Missouri. One of our neighbor's friends is a high school senior named Cody Gann. As Gann is my maiden name, and I've never met anyone outside the immediate family with that name, I was excited. I spent some time talking to his mom, Anette Gann. Her great great grandfather was n Irish immigrant trapper in this area. We'll be doing some work on seeing where our family trees merge.

Today, Lonnie, Cody, Patrick (a friend of Cody's) and I worked all day at The Outback. The list of accomplishments is long:

1. Lonnie and the boys replaced the broken window
2. Cody and Patrick got ALL the baseboards installed. This was a big job. Two living areas, three bedrooms, and LOTS of closets. They then started caulking the top edge next to the wall and filling nail holes.
3. Lonnie and I installed the lights under the utility room wall cabinet.
4. Lonnie and I re-hung the shelves in the office closets.
5. Lonnie varnished the other side of the office closet doors, then we hung them back in place.
6. I installed automatic toilet cleaners.
7. I painted the baseboards in the kitchen.
8. Cody and Patrick repaired a hole in the office wall.
9. I replaced a door knob on an outside door.
10. I checked the well house to make sure that a larger pressure tank would fit.
11. Lonnie and I re-hung the utility room cabinet doors and installed shelf paper in the cabinets.

Tomorrow's list is almost as long as today's was! Patrick may not be able to work on Sunday, so it will be three of us working. I hope things go as well!

No comments: